Healthy Eggs Benedict. Healthy eggs Benedict is a creative breakfast recipe made up of four delicious layers. Sweet potato toast is topped with Canadian bacon, poached eggs and a drizzle of creamy hollandaise sauce. One of my favorite breakfast is EGGS BENEDICT.
The classic recipe has been given a healthy makeover. A creamy yogurt hollandaise sauce replaces butter with lean turkey bacon and home made lower fat. This healthy eggs benedict is a twist on an old standard. You can have Healthy Eggs Benedict using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Eggs Benedict
- You need 1 of whole wheat english muffin.
- It’s 2 slice of weight watchers american cheese.
- Prepare 2 slice of lite ham.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper for taste.
This "healthy hollandaise" sauce is made mostly of Greek yogurt, with a little lemon, touch of butter, and some green tea for an unexpected color. Eggs Benedict is my all time favorite breakfast, but it can be a bit heavy. Here's a traditional recipe with a few healthy twists. Eggs contain healthy cholesterol and are one of the few natural sources of Vitamin D, important for Whole grain muffins give your eggs benedict a boost.
Healthy Eggs Benedict instructions
- put water in small pot & bring to a boil.
- cut whole wheat english muffin in half & toast in toaster….when done put one slice of cheese on each half & close toater oven door & with toaster off let cheese melt on its own while toaster is off.
- place 2 slices of ham on dish & heat in microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- when water starts boiling put in vinigar & gently crack eggs close to boiling water & gently drop in water.
- take out english muffin & plate & put a slice of ham on each half.
- poach eggs until desired doneness…about 3 minutes depending on size of eggs…remove with slotted spoon to drain any water and place one egg on each half & serve.
- salt & pepper for taste.
Between fiber, a healthy plant-based protein. I LOVE eggs benedict so played around with six different light versions to come up with the best! The best part of eggs Benedict is the rich hollandaise sauce. So ditch the English muffin, use a quick keto Keto Eggs Benedict. Recipes developed by Vered DeLeeuw, CNC Nutritionally reviewed by.