Whole Wheat- Buttermilk Scone (Weight Watchers). This is a whole-wheat version, only moderately sweet — the way I think scones should be. You can always top them with jam or honey if you want more Stir in oatmeal. Rub in butter, or place in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle and beat at low speed, or pulse in a food processor, until incorporated.
That's why we're big fans of this whole-wheat version that's delicious for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or any. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. Whisk together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. You can have Whole Wheat- Buttermilk Scone (Weight Watchers) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat- Buttermilk Scone (Weight Watchers)
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of lowfat buttermilk.
Whisk together buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until batter is smooth. These basic Buttermilk Scones are made with lots of buttermilk of course For those of us who measure ingredients by weight, it would be so useful to provide this info as part I substituted whole wheat pastry flour and egg substitute because that's all I had in the house, and the. Reviews for: Photos of Whole-Wheat Scones. Add buttermilk and knead to a soft dough.
Whole Wheat- Buttermilk Scone (Weight Watchers) instructions
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- whisk together all dry ingredients (first 6 ingredients) in a medium bowl. with pastry blender or two knives used scissors style, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse scrubs. Add buttermilk to flour mixture, stirring just until moist dough forms..
- With floured hands, knead dough 6-8 times in bowl to bring dough together (dough will be shaggy).
- turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface and pat to 1/2 inch thickness. With floured 2.1/2 inch round cutter, cut out 10 rounds without twisting cutter. Gather scraps and reroll, making total of 12 scones. Place scones 1 inch apart on un-greased baking sheet..
- bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Transfer to wire rack; serve warm..
- Power Points per serving 4 . Makes 12 scones 56 grams each..
On a floured board, roll out dough to ½ inch thick. Whole wheat cranberry scones are dusted with powdered sugar, but you can always add a sweet glaze if you prefer more of a sweet topping. With so many indulgent things around us. Traditionally scones are made with butter and buttermilk. Pomegranates are also reported to help treat digestion issues, weight management difficulties These whole wheat scones work well with spring and summer fruits too.