Butternut Squash Lasagna – Keto. Healthy low-carb, keto and paleo recipes plus free guides and diet plans to help you achieve your goals on the ketogenic diet. Replay "You'll Be Making Butternut Squash Lasagna On Repeat This Fall". This Scalloped Butternut Squash Is Cheesy AF.
You'll love this one pot Butternut Squash Dutch Oven Lasagna! It comes together so easily and is such a crowd pleaser! Butternut Squash Lasagna Rolls are filled with cheese and spinach, topped with a creamy butternut-parmesan cheese sauce and of course, more The sauce comes out so cream and velvety without all the butter and cream. You can have Butternut Squash Lasagna – Keto using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Lasagna – Keto
- You need 1/2 of Butternut Squash.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Mozzarella.
- You need of Meat sauce.
- Prepare 200 g of Minced Beef.
- It’s 300 g of Tomato Puree.
- It’s 2 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s To taste of Oregano, Basil, Salt, Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need of White sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Milk.
To make it gluten-free, you can swap gluten-free noodles in it's place. To prepare the lasagna: alternate layers of butternut squash slices with layers of the meat sauce in a baking dish. Keep making layers until you've used all of the ingredients. For lasagna, the winner this time around is undoubtedly this combination of sweet Italian sausage, roasted butternut squash, and spinach.
Butternut Squash Lasagna – Keto step by step
- Pre-bake the squash by baking at 175C for around 40 minutes and let it cool down. This will make it easier to peel and cut the squash. In the meantime, we can prepare the sauces..
- The meat sauce – Press garlic into pre-heated pan with olive oil and roast slightly. Add finely diced onion and roast until golden, followed by the minced beef, salt and pepper. Once the beef is cooked all over, we can add the tomato puree with the herbs, salt and pepper to taste and let it simmer until the flavours blend well together..
- The white sauce – Melt 2 spoons of butter in another pan and stir in 2 spoons of flour. Keep stirring on medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes. In the meantime, pour a glass of milk and place in the microwave for a minute and a half. Pour 1/2 cup into the butter-flour mix, and pour an extra quarter of the cup of milk into the cup, mixing well before pouring into the mix. We do not want to cool the mix down by pouring in cold milk. Taste with salt and pepper. Stir until the sauce thickens..
- Having the butternut ready, we cut off the top half (the half without seeds) peel it and slice into thin slices all across into ‘lasagna sheets’..
- We pour a tiny bit of oil into a baking dish, and build a base layer with the squash slices. We pour our meat sauce as a second layer, followed by another layer of squash sheets. The white sauce is next, and the final layer of squash. Topped with mozzarella all over, the lasagna are ready to be baked at 180• for 20-30 minutes..
I think of lasagna as a labor of love. Sometimes it feels like a lot of work, but I'm always happy to have put forth the effort. There is just something about pasta. I will never forget the day my mom came home from the grocery store and promptly announced that she would never, ever cook lasagna again. In her hands she triumphantly held a frozen foil box that would end her kitchen drudgery forever.