Easy Plain Naan Bread. Naan – easy naan bread recipe using a cast-iron skillet. Soft, puffy, with beautiful brown blisters just like Indian restaurants. This is the best recipe you'll find What kind of yogurt do you use?
Soft, pillowy, homemade naan is easier to make than you think and it's great for sandwiches, pizza, dipping into soups and sauces, and more. Stack the cooked flat bread on a plate and cover with a towel to keep warm as you cook the remaining pieces. Serve plain or brushed with melted butter and. You can have Easy Plain Naan Bread using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Plain Naan Bread
- It’s 200 grams of plain flour or strong bread flour I used wholemeal bread flour.
- You need 1 grams of sweetner.
- It’s 6 grams of dry active yeast.
- Prepare 150 ml of warm water.
- You need 16 grams of margarine I used flora light.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Topping for Top & bottom.
- Prepare 17 grams of Oil/butter/margarine your choice I used Weight watchers spread.
A recipe for naan bread is something every home cook should have in their back pocket. I love naan bread – it's the best accompaniment to Indian curries or stews. And, if I'm being honest, it's absolutely perfect even on it's own, especially if you've taken the time to make it yourself. Flatten slightly and sprinkle some flour on the dough as well as on the rolling board.
Easy Plain Naan Bread step by step
- Using breadmaker add water, then flour.
- Put sweetner in 1 corner & salt in another.
- Put margarine just around outside of middle.
- Add yeast in middle.
- Put machine on dough and when 90 minutes up turn machine off and divide dough..
- Shape into tear shapes on greaseproof paper and cover for 30 minutes.
- After 25 minutes put grill on high and line with aluminium foil..
- Brush top of each naan with butter/oil i pressed naans flat as they rise a bit under the grill, then put on grill pan butter side down, then brush tops.
- carefully grill until golden brown and crispy then turn over. 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with curry & rice, or slice little in middle like pocket and fill with cheese, eggs or favourite filling..
Easy naan bread recipe without yeast on tawa or stovetop – soft, chewy and delicious naan bread made on stove-top and on a griddle. A video on how to make Naan! A simple video guide to making the best, authentic naan bread recipe in a skillet, with all your favorite toppings – garlic naan, onion naan and seeded naan! Naan bread is the doughy engine behind every Indian restaurant, and a table without it is sacrilege to fans of Indian food. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.